[Haskell-cafe] Building fresh cabal-install on raspberry-pi

Konstantine Rybnikov k-bx at k-bx.com
Wed Dec 24 07:06:06 UTC 2014

Hi! I just got raspberry pi and installed debian wheezy on it. It has ghc
7.4.1 with cabal 1.14.0.

I tried to do cabal install cabal-install and got this:

In-place registering Cabal-
Installing library in /home/pi/.cabal/lib/arm-linux-ghc-7.4.1/Cabal-
Registering Cabal-
Downloading cabal-install-
Configuring cabal-install-
cabal: At least the following dependencies are missing:
random >=1 && <1.1 && ==1.1
cabal-install- failed during the configure step. The exception was:

If I do `cabal list --installed | less` and search for random I see:

* random
    Synopsis: random number library
    Default available version: 1.1
    Installed versions:, 1.1
    License:  BSD3

Can anyone please help how do I resolve this and similar problems?