[Haskell-cafe] Why does Haskell PVP have two values for the major version? "A.B..." and a couple other questions

Felipe Lessa felipe.lessa at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 16:00:19 UTC 2014

On 16-12-2014 07:18, Tobias Dammers wrote:
> IIRC, the rules (for libraries at least) are (correct me if I'm wrong):

These are not rules encoded by the PVP.  The PVP doesn't prescribe how A
or B should be changed besides stating when the major version should be
bumped.  This can be accomplished by increasing either A or B, but it's
entirely up to the author to decide which.  Any author is free to use
whatever rule they see fit.

Felipe.