[Haskell-cafe] How to update Cabal manually?

James M jmartin at eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon Dec 1 03:12:18 UTC 2014

Check your PATH environment variable and make sure that the directory it is
installed in appears first in the list.

I believe the default installation directory for OS X is:

To have OS X use the latest cabal (without overwriting anything), you can
do something like this in your login script (default login script is

export PATH=$HOME/Library/Haskell/bin:$PATH

On Sun, Nov 30, 2014 at 7:03 PM, Jeffrey Brown <jeffbrown.the at gmail.com>