[Haskell-cafe] ANN: Yampa 0.9.6

Ivan Perez ivan.perez at keera.co.uk
Fri Aug 29 09:33:30 UTC 2014

Hi Café,

I'm happy to announce that a new version of the Arrowized Functional
Reactive Programming (FRP) library Yampa has been released.

This new version includes a lot of haddock documentation, finally
addressing the old issue of having to browse a large collection of
papers and the code to find information about the API. We would like to
encourage users to submit issues on github if they find this
documentation insufficient, unclear or otherwise unsuitable in any way.

There are no changes to the API itself, so this version remains
backwards compatible. Future releases will seek to improve the
documentation and introduce new optimisations as mandated by users'
needs. As you may have heard, the current version is now working on
Android, so we expect new releases to be published relatively soon.

Additionally, Henrik Nilsson will give a tutorial on Declarative Game
Programming at PPDP 2014, which will take place in Canterbury (UK) on
September 8-10 (http://users-cs.au.dk/danvy/ppdp14/). We would like to
encourage everyone to attend (see PPDP web page for instructions, venue,
etc.).

Links and more:

  *

    Hackage package: http://hackage.haskell.org/package/Yampa-0.9.6.