[Haskell-cafe] "Hackathon"

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 14:23:30 UTC 2014

On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 10:19 AM, Alois Cochard <alois.cochard at gmail.com>
wrote:

> In fact Zurihack felt pretty much like a coding marathon, I'm not sure if
> the "not sleeping" thing should be considered as part of the definition of
> a hackathon...

IMO it's not; the difference is one of focus, more specifically is there
one or a small number of specific projects or is there a larger slate of
things that one can pick and choose from and which may well change their
form based on participation *plus* unorganized gatherings
(socialization/"hallway track"). My "hacker-con" take on the second form
implicitly recognizes that the "hallway track" may well be as continuous as
it is at many other conventions....