[Haskell-cafe] Using `jack` on Windows, sounds realistic?

Henning Thielemann schlepptop at henning-thielemann.de
Fri Aug 15 12:24:04 UTC 2014

Am 15.08.2014 um 13:56 schrieb Alois Cochard:

> I've been recently used the great `jack` library from Henning Thielemann
> (cc'ed) on my linux computer.
>
> It work like a charm, but I was wondering about Windows support?
>
> As I see Jack run on windows, I'm hoping I might be able to build my
> haskell application that use `jack` on windows as well, is that
> realistic? anyone have tried already?

I am using the pkgconfig feature from Cabal and hoped that this would
make the package portable. It sounds like you tried to install the
Haskell JACK bindings on Windows and it failed? Can you describe how it
failed? If I can adapt the package to make it work on Windows, I'd be
happy to do it.

Btw. 1: you can also discuss such issues at:
    http://lurk.org/groups/haskell-art/

 > Note: I plan to have an other backend using 'portaudio', which would
 > allow me to be cross-platform anyway... but using Jack bring ASIO
 > support, which is really need for my use case (real time synthesizer).

Btw. 2: I have already built a realtime synthesizer with JACK backend:
    http://hackage.haskell.org/package/synthesizer-llvm
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EQCgi5qa3E
       (You can only hear it, but you see the live-sequencer.)