[Haskell-cafe] The Good, the Bad and the GUI

Alexander Vieth alex at lagoa.com
Wed Aug 13 21:28:23 UTC 2014

> Oh, please. Haskell is great for parsing, because you can build a parser with e.g. parsec, attoparsec, uuparse, trifeca, in no time. Even I can do it. Haskell is great for concurrency, because it has lightweight threads, STM, and a fabulous book about it. Haskell is great for GUIs, because.... how about you finish this statement, I don't know how to.

Before parsec, attoparsec, uuparse, et al were invented, was Haskell no good for parsing? When we speak of Haskell do we speak of the entire ecosystem, or just the language itself? I think Heinrich meant that Haskell, the language, is probably capable of carrying a great library for expressing GUI's, even if we haven't yet seen it implemented.

Alex