[Haskell-cafe] Fwd: [GSoC 2013] Porting Charts to Diagrams - Final Report

Heinrich Apfelmus apfelmus at quantentunnel.de
Sat Sep 28 21:07:04 CEST 2013

Jan Bracker wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I am sorry to send this a second time. Someone hinted out that I would not
> reach everybody on the mailing list through the Google Groups address. I
> should have looked a bit more thoroughly.
>
> The Google Summer of Code 2013 is over! My project to port the charts [0]
> library to use diagrams [1] as an alternative to cairo [2] was a full
> success.
>
>  [..]
>
> [0]: https://github.com/timbod7/haskell-chart/wiki
> [1]: http://projects.haskell.org/diagrams/

Congratulations! I think the library looks great and I will consider
using it for my next plot.

Is it possible to change fonts? I have found that fonts (and shadows)
have a huge impact on the "wow"-factor of a plot. In fact, I could not
help but ask a speaker during a talk what font he used for a particular
plot... it just looked great!

Best regards,
Heinrich Apfelmus

--