[Haskell-cafe] A thought on the LinkedIn spam and an "upstream spam filter"

Vo Minh Thu noteed at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 11:27:57 CEST 2013

Hi,

Thanks for the heads-up.

I have just checked my email addresses registered on linkedin: I had three
of them, my regular email address (this one), me previous work address,
which I never added myself, and haskell-cafe, which I did not add myself
either.

My regular address was labeled as primary, the haskell-cafe not, and a link
to "confirm" my work address was visible next to it, but not for
haskell-cafe.

Looking up in my emails, I have indeed received twice on invitation from
the same person, once to my regular address, and once via haskell-cafe. The
fact it was via haskell-cafe was not visible in gmail interface.

I have removed the hasell-cafe and my previous work addresses.

I don't think I have done something wrong (and I guess LinkedIn did), but
anyway, sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
Thu