[Haskell-cafe] Cabal sandboxes over cabal-dev

Erik Hesselink hesselink at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 10:18:05 UTC 2013

There are two bugs that I have run into with large projects. If your
project is small, just use cabal sandboxes. If it is large (lots of
dependent packages being developed together), there is one that might
cause extra build time [0], and one that can render packages
unbuildable [1]. I still use cabal sandboxes, but these are the bugs
that cause me the most pain. But the joy of a linked add-source and a
working cabal repl outweigh this pain.

Erik

[0] https://github.com/haskell/cabal/issues/1375
[1] https://github.com/haskell/cabal/issues/1362