[Haskell-cafe] HackChi #1 - Nov 9 @ 1PM

Jeremy Shaw jeremy at n-heptane.com
Wed Oct 23 18:16:43 UTC 2013

Hello,

We are pleased to announce the first ever(?) Chicago Haskell Hackathon.

There is a G+ invite here:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/cc4njkf8kh5aho6soboisv6c7rc?authkey=CJD9_enW8LnAOQ

Hopefully I have the permissions set correctly. The contents of the
invite are duplicated below.

- jeremy

Sat, November 9, 1:00 PM
1834 Ridge Ave #124, Evanston, IL 60201

We are please to announce the first Chicago Area Haskell Hackathon.

What is as Hackathon? A Hackathon is basically just a bunch of people
getting together and hacking on the Haskell code of their choice. It’s
a great chance to meet other local Haskell hackers, discuss ideas, or
just hack on code without other distractions.

The Hackathon is open to people of all ages, experience, genders,
races, orientations, etc.

Never used Haskell before? We are going to kick things off with a ‘Get
Started with Haskell’ session. Bring your laptop, and we’ll help you
get Haskell installed and working and get your started on ‘Learn You a
Haskell’ and other Haskell learning resources.

Jeremy Shaw has volunteered to host this Hackathon at his place. This
means we can bring our own food and drink and not have to worry about
staying at a coffee house or other business for too long.

You are highly encouraged to bring food, drinks, beer, etc. You can
use the stove, oven, fridge, and propane grill if needed.

The address is:

1834 Ridge Ave #124
Evanston, IL
60201

Dial 124 on the callbox to get in. You can also send email to
jeremy at n-heptane.com or call 619-301-7429. The callbox sometimes fails
to get through on the first try, so call more than once if you get
sent to voicemail.

Easily accessible via public transportation. Take the Purple Line or
Metra and get off at the Davis stop. Head west towards Ridge. Cross
over ridge and then head north 2-3 blocks on Ridge.