[Haskell-cafe] Fwd: vector fails to build with ghc on arm-linux-androideabi

CJ van den Berg cj at vdbonline.com
Fri Nov 29 09:16:11 UTC 2013

Hi Herwig,

I assume you’re using my ghc-android build script from github? Currently
ghc-android still builds ghc with 'DYNAMIC_GHC_PROGRAMS = NO' which
means that it doesn’t get to use the system linker. Hopefully, once we
get ghc to use the system linker on Android problems like this will go away.

I am currently waiting for the 7.8 release before doing a complete
review of how ghc-android builds ghc and how the resulting binaries are
best integrated into Android applications. I suggest you add a ticket to
the github page for this specific issue.