[Haskell-cafe] IDE

Edgar Klerks edgar.klerks at gmail.com
Sat Nov 23 11:09:23 UTC 2013

If you use conque, you can run a GHCI session in vim:
http://code.google.com/p/conque/ That works pretty well.

Neocomplcache +ghcmod + neco-ghc delivers good support for auto-completion.

Syntastic will annotate errors in your source file.

Gundo for reverting and viewing local changes, vim stores internally a tree
with changes. With some configuration it can remember changes for days. The
only drawback is that you can always hit u, because your last weeks changes
are still remembered.

For searching in files, I use ack.vim.

And for moving to files, I use ctrl-p, which let you open files with little
typing.

You should also look into sessions (a vim feature). With this you can save
your current development environment and start from there.

Bundle 'neocomplcache'
Bundle 'surround.vim'
Bundle 'eagletmt/neco-ghc'
Bundle "eagletmt/ghcmod-vim"
Bundle 'ctrlp.vim'
Bundle 'ack.vim'
Bundle 'Gundo'
Bundle 'scrooloose/syntastic'
Bundle "Shougo/vimproc"

There are a lot of different plugins  I use, but these have proven
themselves useful, also for general development.

I miss a program for creating tagfiles for haskell. This would be handy,
because you can jump quickly to definition file with this.

Greets,

Edgar