[Haskell-cafe] QuickCheck

Tony Morris tonymorris at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 01:20:55 UTC 2013

Hello,
I have implemented a function for QuickCheck:

untilJust :: Gen a -> (a -> Maybe b) -> Gen b

I based it on the code for suchThat[1] and suchThatMaybe[2].

I am wondering if I have potentially re-implemented an existing function
in part or full. In other words, is there an easier way of achieving
this function without pulling the generator apart as much as I have in
this implementation: http://lpaste.net/95317

[1]
suchThat :: Gen a -> (a -> Bool) -> Gen a
http://hackage.haskell.org/package/QuickCheck-2.6/docs/src/Test-QuickCheck-Gen.html#suchThat

[2]
suchThatMaybe :: Gen a -> (a -> Bool) -> Gen (Maybe a)
http://hackage.haskell.org/package/QuickCheck-2.6/docs/src/Test-QuickCheck-Gen.html#suchThatMaybe

--
Tony Morris
http://tmorris.net/