[Haskell-cafe] idea: ratings (or maybe comments) for packages in hackage

Ketil Malde ketil at malde.org
Wed Nov 6 08:34:45 UTC 2013

> lets try to stick to metrics that correspond to library usage and volume of
> developer activity

How about comments?  Using e.g. disqus, it's a minimal administrative
overhead, and provide user-contributed information without any
artificial limitations or ambiguity.

For instance, I recently updated a library to work with newer
compilers, and sent the patches to the previous maintainer.  He
suggested I just upload it to Hackage, but this is not allowed anymore,
and I haven't heard from him since.  If I could add a comment, I could
at least point to my repository with an updated library version until
this can be resolved.

-k