[Haskell-cafe] Parallel ghc --make

Clark Gaebel cgaebel at uwaterloo.ca
Thu May 16 03:36:47 CEST 2013

It's also useful to note that the disk cache might do a surprisingly good
job at caching those .hi files for you. That, and a lot of people (like
me!) use SSDs, where the parallel compilation takes the vast majority of
time.

I'd be really excited to see parallel ghc --make.

By the way, totally unrelated, but why does cabal support -j when cabal-dev
doesn't?

  - Clark