[Haskell-cafe] Constrained Category, Arrow, ArrowChoice, etc?

Conal Elliott conal at conal.net
Wed May 8 00:09:24 CEST 2013

I'm using a collection of classes similar to Category, Arrow, ArrowChoice,
etc (though without arr and with methods like fst, snd, dup, etc). I think
I need some associated constraints (via ConstraintKinds), so I've tried
adding them. However, I'm getting terribly complex multiplication of these
constraints in the signatures of method defaults and utility functions, and
I don't know how to tame them. Has anyone tried adding associated
constraints to Category etc?

Thanks, -- Conal