[Haskell-cafe] Hackage checking maintainership of packages

Carter Schonwald carter.schonwald at gmail.com
Mon May 6 18:25:45 CEST 2013

is that really a problem though?

Who's problem are we trying to solve? Is this being proposed to help
seasoned haskellers, or make getting started easier for new folks?

those are two VERY different problems. Also many of the maintainers for
heavily used packages are incredibly busy as is, do they need to keep track
of even *more* email? I'd hope not.

In some respects,  just having the hackage2 deps and revdeps stats is a
good proxy for how likely a package is to be well maintained.