[Haskell-cafe] Hackage checking maintainership of packages

Tillmann Rendel rendel at informatik.uni-marburg.de
Mon May 6 11:46:43 CEST 2013

Hi,

Petr Pudlák wrote:
> [...]

I like the idea of displaying additional info about the status of
package development, but I don't like the idea of annoying hard-working
package maintainers with emails about their perfect packages that
actually didn't need any updates since ages ago.

So what about this: Hackage could try to automatically collect and
display information about the development status of packages that allow
potential users to *guess* whether the package is maintained or not.
Currently, potential users have to collect this information themselves.

Here are some examples I have in mind:

  * Fetch the timestamp of the latest commit from the HEAD repo
  * Fetch the number of open issues from the issue tracker
  * Display reverse dependencies on the main hackage page
  * Show the timestamp of the last Hackage upload of the uploader

Tillmann