[Haskell-cafe] Backward compatibility

Edward Kmett ekmett at gmail.com
Fri May 3 18:49:19 CEST 2013

"Tantamount to a new language" to fix a minor detail in a typeclass
hierarchy? That is just histrionic. *No* language is that stable.

Scala makes dozens of changes like that between *minor* versions, and while
I hardly hold up their development practices as the best in the industry it
is still somehow seen as enterprise ready.

-Edward