[Haskell-cafe] Backward compatibility

Tom Ellis tom-lists-haskell-cafe-2013 at jaguarpaw.co.uk
Thu May 2 18:50:34 CEST 2013

On Thu, May 02, 2013 at 11:35:27PM +0800, Adrian May wrote:
> > I get a 403 FORBIDDEN on that.  How did you get it?
>
> I guess you just gotta know the right people ;-)
>
> I attached the tarball. Don't say you got it from me, OK.

That tarball still doesn't contain the string "getPackageId".

You're complaining that you can't build a package, which hasn't been
maintained for several years, which you got from a secret source, and whose
whose Hackage page specifically says it doesn't build beyond GHC 7.0.  I
don't think this is indicative of a serious failure of Haskell.

Tom