[Haskell-cafe] Backward compatibility

Byron Hale byron.hale at einfo.com
Thu May 2 09:26:39 CEST 2013

Hello, everyone,

I was just in the process of trying to get Haskell 7.6 installed. First
I surveyed all the current OSes that seemed to support it. FreeBSD 9.1
seemed like a good candidate.  However, FreeBSD 9.1 has many practical
problems of its own.  So far, I have 7.4 installed, but not 7.6.  Would
the MAC be better at this? Anyway,  it seems that much of Hackage will
not be usable. Perhaps I should just run it on Windows, as it seems
likely to install there and much of Hackage already didn't work there.

I welcome any constructive suggestions.

Best Regards,

Byron Hale