[Haskell-cafe] [ANNOUNCE] fficxx : haskell-C++ FFI binding generator

Ian-Woo Kim ianwookim at gmail.com
Sun Jun 9 00:00:36 CEST 2013

Dear Haskellers,

Hello.

I am very happy to announce the first version of fficxx
(http://ianwookim.org/fficxx, also, please look at
http://github.com/wavewave/fficxx )

fficxx is a haskell Foreign Function Interface (FFI) generator to C++.
This tool automatically generates
haskell FFI package for a given C++ class structure. It has been used
for generating my haskell binding to the ROOT library [1] called HROOT
[2]. Now I made it as a separate tool to benefit everyone trying to
make a haskell-C++ binding.

I am going to explain how to use the library/tool one by one in my
blog ( http://ianwookim.org/blog ). Currently, in the fficxx cabal
package, I provide a very simple sample in the sample directory.

If interested, please try this and give me some comments on it in the
discussion mailing list: http://ianwookim.org/fficxx/discuss.html

I hope that this is useful to many haskellers.
Have fun with it!

Thanks,
Ian-Woo Kim (wavewave)

[1] : http://root.cern.ch