[Haskell-cafe] Maintaining lambdabot

Jason Dagit dagitj at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 06:54:06 CET 2013

On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 3:01 PM, James Cook <mokus at deepbondi.net> wrote:

> On Feb 19, 2013, at 2:36 PM, Jan Stolarek <jan.stolarek at p.lodz.pl> wrote:
>
> > Anyway, how would you feel about changes that I would like to make:
> > - move all modules into Lambdabot. namespace
> > - remove unlambda, brainfuck and show from the repo. They are on
> hackage, no need to keep them
> > here - these packages aren't even used in the build process.
> > - cleanup scripts
> > - add package versions to cabal file
>
> I have no objections to any of these, though I would recommend as Gwern
> hinted that if related packages are to be removed that they should also be
> given new homes - I believe that the lambdabot source is currently the main
> home of these packages.

Random thought, feel free to ignore it: Would it make sense to split
lambdabot up into core and contrib like is done with xmonad? Contrib could
contain the sillier things like bf, unlambda, show, etc and would have a
lower bar for contributors. Core would be the standard things and the
essential things.

It seems that people don't really contribute new plugins these days but it
would be great if they did. For example, having a plugin for liquid types
would be super spiffy. Also, any plugin that helps people to reason about
other code (like vacuum).

Jason