[Haskell-cafe] tls talking to certificate stores (was Re: ...)

Vincent Hanquez tab at snarc.org
Sat Feb 16 17:55:50 CET 2013

On 02/16/2013 12:51 AM, Andrew Cowie wrote:

>> Windows certificate and macos X certificate are stored in a reliably
>> discoverable place. That openssl provide no way to get to it is a
>> different story and one reason to have tls.
> Is talking to the Windows and Mac OS certificate stores something that
> you wrote for the tls library [in Haskell]? If so, is it something that
> could be ported for other people to use?

It's not much but it's available in the certificate package.
https://github.com/vincenthz/hs-certificate/tree/master/System/Certificate/X509

The mac os certificates are trivially available throught the "security"
executable, but there's also documentation on the keychain format
readily available.
The windows certificate implementation is not finished. The certificate
are easy to find, however the format is slightly complicated (basically
a dump of C like structure with ASN1 marshalled data in the dump). The
windows certificate is sadly not finished, as no windows user of tls (if
any) is {interested-in/know-how-to} implementing it, and as I boot
windows once every moon ... if someone want to sponsor the feature, come
talk to me ;)

That remind me that i've got pending patches to win32 to send ..

--
Vincent