[Haskell-cafe] getting source

Doug McIlroy doug at cs.dartmouth.edu
Mon Dec 16 15:08:58 UTC 2013

> > It is a shame that when you look something up in Hayoo,
> > you can immediately look at the source--but you can't
>
> You can, but not for every package; try looking up the "map" function, you
> will see a link to the source at the right of the page.
>
> Regards,
> Henk-Jan van Tuyl

Yes, I said you can look at the source, but not compile it.
Hayoo's yellow "source" links get HTML generated from source--
a rendering intended for eyeballs, not compilers.
What I suggested is that the HTML include a link to the
underlying .hs file. Why should you have to go hassle with
git or some other repository, and maybe cabal too, to get
code that's right before your eyes?

Doug