[Haskell-cafe] GHCi linker

Carter Schonwald carter.schonwald at gmail.com
Mon Dec 9 06:57:45 UTC 2013

ghci in 7.6 and older uses its own special linker.This is responsible to
many many linking bugs in ghci

try GHC head (and soon ghc 7.8) and see if the problem goes away. GHCi in
HEAD / 7.7 uses the system linker.
Otherwise please please please file a ticket on GHC Trac so it can be fixed
asap.

NB: there may or may not be problems with one of the *BSD dynamic linkers,
I don't recall. But if you hit troubles with GHC head, please report them
and the ghc devs will work with you to figure out a fix.