[Haskell-cafe] PhD at age 45?

Dennis Raddle dennis.raddle at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 21:25:54 UTC 2013

On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 8:41 AM, Kristopher Micinski
<krismicinski at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 2:57 AM, Dennis Raddle <dennis.raddle at gmail.com>wrote:
>

> There might not be any local profs doing software verification/correctness
>> proofs so maybe I could find someone out of the area who would be open to a
>> phone call and working by email.
>>

> I would also look into open source projects.  Not to be too much of a
> dream killer, but professors are unlikely to want to work with a non grad
> student at their university, simply because of a lack of free time and
> accessibility to you personally.  (At the very least, this seems like
> something that most faculty I know would be hesitant to do because it's not
> at all in their best interests...)

Just FYI, at the California State University system, which only offers up
to the Master's, at two local universities I was told they would welcome a
volunteer tutor. Maybe they don't have TAs. I was also told I could
contribute to the research of a particular M.S. student who was struggling.
Dennis