[Haskell-cafe] PhD at age 45?

KC kc1956 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 23:52:00 UTC 2013

Advanced degrees look better the younger you are.

However look at Randy Pausch's last lecture.
Barriers are there to see if you are truly interested and have the passion.
Be aware of the attrition rate of those who start advanced degrees but who
never finish their thesis, I believe.

I knew of one gentleman who was into his 13th year of a PhD and who talked
to me about "them" threatening to cut off his funding.  :D