[Haskell-cafe] RFC: rewrite-with-location proposal

Simon Hengel sol at typeful.net
Mon Dec 2 22:06:25 UTC 2013

Hi Evan!

On Mon, Dec 02, 2013 at 01:43:31PM -0800, Evan Laforge wrote:
> Hey, whatever happened with this?

My code for this is here:

    https://github.com/sol/ghc/commits/rewrite-with-location

Revision 03e63f0a70ec8c0fece4049c2d714ea533494ec2 was fully functional,
but it needs to be rebased on current master.  The missing feature here
is that type checking only happens on rewrite.  I just added a wip
commit with local modifications that do the type checking earlier, when
the module with the rewrite pragma is compiled.

> Is there anything in the way of getting this merged?  Is there some
> way I could help?

This needs rebasing + I'm not sure if the wip commit currently compiles.
I'm somewhat swamped, so I'm not sure when I'll have time to work on
this.  If you want to help, that would be awesome!  I'm happy to help
with any questions (solirc on freenode, feel free to say hello in #hspec
;).

Cheers,
Simon