[Haskell-cafe] Looking for reliable heterogeneous vectors

Andras Slemmer 0slemi0 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 1 20:27:06 UTC 2013

Sure, you can do this easily with a GADT + DataKinds for convenient
indexing with lists. The construct you need is called a heterogeneous list,
or HList:
http://hackage.haskell.org/package/HList-0.3.0.1/docs/Data-HList-HList.html

But it's a nice exercise to implement it on your own anyway. If you need
"truly" heterogeneous lists where you can't even get the types of the
elements from the index typelist then you'll need to existentially hide the
types. This will simply be the same as HList without the indexing list.

Good luck
ex