[Haskell-cafe] On Markdown in Haddock and why it's not going to happen

Mateusz Kowalczyk fuuzetsu at fuuzetsu.co.uk
Sat Aug 31 18:30:03 CEST 2013

On 31/08/13 16:20, Carter Schonwald wrote:
> Is there an up todate copy of the haddock manual online anywhere?

No. You can build your own documentation. In Haddock directory, go into
‘doc’ and read the README on how to build it. That is also outdated
however: for example, it doesn't provide information about the image
syntax (<<image>>).

New documentation will be written soon as the stuff I have been doing
added and changed quite a bit. This will most likely come out before any
actual release is made because I'd like to include a small guideline on
migrating your docs to the new version. Nothing big should break and in
huge majority of cases you shouldn't need to do anything but there are a
few quirks that are gone that might change how your things look under
some cases (mostly in cases of ill-formed docs).
> On Saturday, August 31, 2013, Omari Norman wrote:
>

>> On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 9:30 PM, Mateusz Kowalczyk wrote:
>>
>>> Greetings café,
>>>
>>> Perhaps some saddening news for Markdown fans out there. As you might
>>> remember, there was a fair amount of push for having Markdown as an
>>> alternate syntax for Haddock.
>>>

>> This is a little off-topic, but the Haddock website apparently is years
>> out of date.
>>
>> http://www.haskell.org/haddock/
>>
>> says the latest version is 2.8.0 released in September 2010, but
>> apparently I have 2.13.2 on my machine.

The latest stable is indeed 2.13.2. Hopefully this will be updated
fairly soon, AFAIK there was some miscommunication on who got the write
permissions or something but I might just be misremembering.

--
Mateusz K.