[Haskell-cafe] Announcing GHC iOS

Luke Iannini lukexipd at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 22:56:22 CEST 2013

Stephen provided some more credits — thanks so much to all!

Three connected projects concerning cross-compilation:

*Registerised ARM support, added using David Terei's LLVM compiler back end
with Stephen Blackheath doing an initial ARMv5 version and LLVM patch and
Karel Gardas working on floating point support, ARMv7 compatibility and
LLVM headaches. Ben Gamari did work on the runtime linker for ARM.

*General cross-compiling, with much work by Stephen Blackheath and Gabor
Greif (though many others have worked on this).

*A cross-compiler for Apple iOS. iOS-specific parts were mostly Stephen
Blackheath with Luke Iannini on the Cabal patch, testing and supporting
infrastructure, also with assistance and testing by Miëtek Bak and Jonathan
Fischoff, and thanks to many others for testing; The iOS cross compiler was
started back in 2009 by Stephen Blackheath with funding from Ryan Trinkle
of iPwn Studios.

Thanks to Ian Lynagh for making it easy for us with integration, makefile
refactoring and patience, and to David Terei for LLVM assistance.