[Haskell-cafe] Announcing GHC iOS

Luke Iannini lukexipd at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 22:43:37 CEST 2013

Hi all!
(in case you don't read /r/haskell : ))

Stephen Blackheath and I are extremely happy to report that as of today,
GHC can natively build binaries for iOS devices and the iOS Simulator.

You'll find everything you need here:
http://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Building/CrossCompiling/iOS

The short of it is you can use "ghc-ios myFiles.hs" to get a universal
ARMv7/ARMv7s/i386 static library to drop straight into an Xcode project.

Stephen's already working on some wonderful FRP-powered games, I'm working
on a project called SpaceTime that I'll announce shortly, and you may now
all begin creating insanely great iOS software using the finest language in
the world : ).

Stephen deserves the lion's share of the credit for this project — it's
been over 3 years in the making! Many thanks to Maxwell Swadling for
generalizing static library builds into a -staticlib flag for GHC, Carter
Schonwald for compilation guidance, and the venerable Austin Seipp for
reviewing and merging our patches.