[Haskell-cafe] Applicative is like an Arrow

Dan Burton danburton.email at gmail.com
Sat Aug 17 02:47:23 CEST 2013

Reading that blog post Mathijs linked, I had a big "ah-hah" moment when I
read this:

This is why arrow-notation creates two scopes. Between the <- -< symbols,
> only values that were in scope before execution of the Arrow are in scope.
> Outside the <- -<, values that appear during the execution of the Arrow are
> also in scope.

This really helped solidify the idea in my head that the "shape of the
factory" only makes static choices, because all of the Arrow-y "processing"
happens between <- and -<

-- Dan Burton