[Haskell-cafe] Haskell Platform and Leksah on Windows

Hamish Mackenzie hamish.k.mackenzie at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 08:09:56 CEST 2013

On 9 Aug 2013, at 06:43, Vagif Verdi <vagif.verdi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Leksah is a linux program intented to run on linux.

No, it is also intended to run on OS X and Windows.

> You can (in some cases) successfully install and run it on windows, but you would need to go through certain steps installing some unrelated to windows software (gtk etc)

No, there are no steps needed to install Gtk to run Leksah (the DLLs are included in the Leksah installer).  You really only need to install the Haskell Platform and Leksah.  If you want the "grep" feature to work you will need grep in your PATH.

> I would recommend leksah maintainers to change the language on their website to prevent future problems like this.

We have prebuilt Windows installers that bundle everything you need to run Leksah.
http://www.leksah.org/download.html

If your GHC compiler is not listed there you can try out one of the development releases (0.13.2.4 is current).  This version includes Gtk3 and some WebKit based features.
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/leksah/7A4gr8iem5c

While it is true that it is currently hard to install Gtk for dev purposes on Windows, it is easy to install Leksah.

Hamish