[Haskell-cafe] Alternative name for return

J. Stutterheim j.stutterheim at me.com
Tue Aug 6 10:03:04 CEST 2013

I have to admit that I am a bit torn about using `pure`. On the one hand, if you actually have a pure value, it feels pretty intuitive to me. But what about

  pure (putStrLn "Hi")

`putStrLn "Hi"` is not a pure value... Or is there another way to interpret the word pure in this context?

As for Applicative, I can add (and have added) the Applicative constraint in the Monad definition for my project, so I will also have to write an Applicative instance for my monads.

- Jurriën