[Haskell-cafe] Yi Google summer of code project

Bastien Jacot-Guillarmod bjacotg at gmail.com
Sun Apr 21 23:57:39 CEST 2013

Hello,

I'm interested in doing some improvments on the Yi editor for my Google
summer of code by implementing a completion pop up list for any buffer and a
smart completion for haskell.

But I don't really know if this kind of project could be acceptable, for the
following reason:

1) Should a GSoC project be mostly a working experience or also a learning
one? I am not the most seasoned haskell programmer, but I really which to
dive into a real-life project in this language.

2) Is it too long, too small? I don't have too many years of programmation
in haskell behind me even if I have done some functionnal programming in
other languages (Scala most of the time), hence I don't want to take
something that will be overwhelming.

3) is Yi associated with haskell.org or it is not possible to have a project
on Yi while being mentored by haskell?

Thanks for your insight!

Regards,
Bastien Jacot-Guillarmod, 3rd CS bachelor student at EPFL (Lausanne)