[Haskell-cafe] GSoC Project Proposal: Markdown support for Haddock

Andrew Butterfield Andrew.Butterfield at scss.tcd.ie
Fri Apr 5 17:36:26 CEST 2013

I'm not proposing the LaTeX is used for hyperlinking the
reference  -  hence my comment about nicely integrating

Perhaps a \begin{haddock} ... \end{haddock} environment* ?

* This would only affect those using LaTeX/lhs - everyone else could haddock** as usual

** haddock = whatever markdow/up/sideways scheme you guys come up with...

On 5 Apr 2013, at 16:22, Aleksey Khudyakov wrote:

> On 5 April 2013 12:20, Andrew Butterfield
> <Andrew.Butterfield at scss.tcd.ie> wrote:
>>
>> On 4 Apr 2013, at 22:53, Aleksey Khudyakov wrote:
>>
>>> If we are going to change haddock syntax we should add ability to add
>>> math formulae to documentation. It's not currently possible and it makes
>>> documenting numeric code properly difficult.
>>
>> How about support for .lhs files?
>> - both those with bird-tracks (which I don't use anymore)
>>   and \begin{code}...\end{code} (which I do use).
>>
>> My .lhs files are also LaTeX sources - I guess some way to nicely integrate
>> haddock markup/down/whatever with LaTeX stuff would be needed
>>
> I'm not sure that it would help. If we to use haddock markup it need to
> support math typesetting. And LaTeX IMHO isn't right tool for creating
> hyperlinked API reference

Andrew Butterfield     Tel: +353-1-896-2517     Fax: +353-1-677-2204
Lero at TCD, Head of Foundations & Methods Research Group
Director of Teaching and Learning - Undergraduate,
School of Computer Science and Statistics,
Room G.39, O'Reilly Institute, Trinity College, University of Dublin
                          http://www.scss.tcd.ie/Andrew.Butterfield/