[Haskell-cafe] Threadscope 0.2.2 goes in segmentation fault on Mac Os X 10.8.3

Edsko de Vries edskodevries at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 09:52:55 CEST 2013

Hi Alfredo,

No dark magic as far as I recall (except in the actual bundling as a Mac
app, unfortunately that required some magic, the GTK libraries don't
relocate so easily :-( ). I didn't have any problems building. I compiled
it with ghc 7.6.1, with the GTK libraries installed manually (there are
some suggestions on how to do that at the very end of my Comprehensive
Haskell Sandboxes post,
http://www.edsko.net/2013/02/10/comprehensive-haskell-sandboxes/). It used
to be a lot more painful (requiring the latest versions of Haskell
libraries, with patches etc.) but these days the situation is a lot better.
(That's not so say that problems like the one you reported don't still crop
up from time to time, and can cause many a sleepless night..).

Edsko