[Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: hsqml-0.1.1 (and hsqml-morris-0.1.0)

Robin KAY komadori at gekkou.co.uk
Tue Sep 11 09:47:55 CEST 2012

Dear All,

I would like to announce a new package called 'hsqml' [1].

HsQML provides a Haskell binding to the Qt Quick framework. It allows
you to write graphical applications where the front-end is written in Qt
Quick's QML language (incorporating JavaScript) and the back-end is
written in Haskell. The two layers are coupled together via a facility
to define custom JavaScript objects through which QML code can call into
Haskell.

HsQML requires an installation of Qt 4.7 (including QtDeclarative) or
later on your path. It has been tested with GHC 7.4 on both Linux and
Windows.

There is also a simple example program available using HsQML on Hackage
called 'hsqml-morris'. It implements a human v computer game of Nine
Men's Morris with game logic and AI written in Haskell and the
presentation layer in QML.

The library is currently limited by a lack of support for Qt signals, so
calls can only be made from JavaScript to Haskell and not the other way.
I plan to add support for these in a future release. Migration over to
Qt 5.x is also likely once it's released.

[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/package/hsqml-0.1.1
[2] http://hackage.haskell.org/package/hsqml-morris-0.1.0

Regards,

--