[Haskell-cafe] Installation issues with Centos

Chris Dornan chris at chrisdornan.com
Mon Sep 3 14:12:34 CEST 2012

Hi Jim,

> Previously I've been able to install and use ghc and HP in ~/ without
problems. Is there any reason
> why this couldn't be done with your justhub package?
>
> As I've never tried this brute surgery on such a magnus opus before I'm
not sure this is at all feasible?

I wouldn't recommend trying to install the justhub package in user-space.

Starting from the GHC bindists and the sources for everything else (platform
and hub wrapper) you can relocate everything of course. In theory I believe
it would also be possible to make all the RPMs relocatable, but because of
all of the moving parts it's not so easy in practice.

It is on my list of things to do -- obviously the more requests I get the
higher it will go on the priority list, and the number of requests has now
just doubled, to two (but I will bet there are more -- I take it seriously).

Chris