[Haskell-cafe] Hackage Package Discoverability

Myles C. Maxfield myles.maxfield at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 09:41:28 CEST 2012

The last revision of the encoding package (0.6.7.1) was uploaded 6
days ago, so it's certainly not old. The package is also not
unwieldly: the functions (runPut . encode punycode) and (runGet
(decode punycode)) are equivalent to my 'encode' and 'decode'
functions. In addition, it supports many more kinds of encodings and
is much more general than my little library. In addition, it is much
more flexible because of its use of ByteSource and ByteSink. It seems
like a hands-down win to me.

I've CC'ed the maintainer of the encoding package; maybe he can better
reply about the encoding library.