[Haskell-cafe] AST Rewriting

Emil Axelsson emax at chalmers.se
Wed Nov 21 14:56:36 CET 2012

This is one of the problem Syntactic aims to solve, but it requires you
to use a different representation of expressions (for good or bad). If
you want to keep your existing representation, then you have to use a
generic programming library that supports GADTs. I know at least the
Spine approach supports GADTs, but the library on Hackage seems too
incomplete to be useful:

   http://hackage.haskell.org/package/spine

I don't know if there are other libraries that support GADTs.

You can also have a look at CompData:

   http://hackage.haskell.org/package/compdata

It is similar to Syntactic (i.e. requires a different representation),
but it has a richer library of generic traversals.

/ Emil