[Haskell-cafe] Hackage dependencies problem.

Magicloud Magiclouds magicloud.magiclouds at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 05:18:07 CET 2012

But I think it should be like this, right?
Say ghc provids process-old, and Cabal-old depends on it. Then I use
--upgrade-dependencies to install somePackage and so install process-new in
user space. The process-old is still there. Why Cabal-old breaks and
`ghc-pkg check` gets nothing?

On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 8:47 AM, Albert Y. C. Lai <trebla at vex.net> wrote:

> On 12-11-19 09:39 PM, Magicloud Magiclouds wrote:
>
>> And, the key point is that using upgrade-dependencies with
>> cabal-install. I am using git (current) version of cabal-install.
>> Without that argument, things could be fine. With it, it must fail.
>>

> Therefore, don't use upgrade-dependencies.

竹密岂妨流水过
山高哪阻野云飞