[Haskell-cafe] Cabal failures...

Greg Fitzgerald garious at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 23:55:53 CET 2012

> cabal install -v cabal-install

Not sure if you're running into this one, but a configuration that
wasn't working for me:

1) Install Haskell Platform
2) Install GHC 7.6.1
3) cabal install cabal-install

As I recall, the error had something to do with a Cabal-generated
'Paths' file assuming the Prelude exported 'catch'.  It was affecting
a bunch of other packages too, which forced me to upgrade
cabal-install.

To get things working, I had to boot GHC 7.6 from my system PATH,
upgrade cabal-install using GHC 7.4, and then put 7.6 back in the
system path.  After doing that, everything has worked well with GHC
7.6.

-Greg