[Haskell-cafe] A small step towards solving cabal hell.

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 17:38:04 CET 2012

On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 11:04 AM, Brandon Allbery <allbery.b at gmail.com>wrote:

> There's another consideration, which is are you optimizing hackage by
> pessimizing development?  You could break xmonad-contrib into (usually) one
> package per module if you really wanted to --- but now the developers need
> to track a couple hundred packages and possibly as many darcs or git or
> whatever repos. You've just nibbled that project to death by making it too
> difficult for developers to bother with.

It also occurs to me that you might have also made the original problem
much worse instead of better:  now we have a hundred or so micro-packages
that can get into diamond or worse dependency conflicts, where there was
only one possible source of conflict.

unix/linux, openafs, kerberos, infrastructure          http://sinenomine.net