[Haskell-cafe] A small step towards solving cabal hell.

timothyhobbs at seznam.cz timothyhobbs at seznam.cz
Sun Nov 18 17:10:16 CET 2012

I understand your concern.  Of course with cabals current implementation
this proposal requires a lot of fluff.  I thought about implementing a cabal
syntax directly into Haskell pragmas, getting rid of the cabal file format
entirely.  I think that would be a pie in the sky optimum.  However, I don't
think that such fluff is the death of my proposal.  Wikipedia seems
unmaintainable after all, with so many hundreds of thousands of articles.
Yet it is maintained by the sheer force of millions of contributors.
Lowering the boundary for new contributors to step up and help maintain
these new micro-packages, by shrinking and simplifying the packages, will
solve the very problem it creates.

Timothy