[Haskell-cafe] curl package broken in Windows

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+hs at mega-nerd.com
Mon Nov 12 00:34:51 CET 2012

Kevin Cantu wrote:

> With the curl package on Hackage, I merely need an SSL enabled version
> of libcurl, and every Linux distro I've tried this on has several
> variations of such a package.  (You have a choice of OpenSSL or
> GNUTLS, for example.)

I tried the CURL bindings on Linux some time ago and I personally
found the thing pretty much un-usable. The API was incomplete,
inconsistent and way too close to the C API.

However, I have had much better luck with Michael Snoyman's http-conduit
package, which being pure Haskell (ie no C) should be much easier to
install on windows.

Erik