[Haskell-cafe] Hard drive thrashing with modern controllers

timothyhobbs at seznam.cz timothyhobbs at seznam.cz
Sat Nov 10 21:02:05 CET 2012

Hmm.  I was hoping for good news that things had changed for the better :( .
  I want these files to be on the disk so I don't lose data in the case of
failure.  A common solution here is to acidify the program, but that is not
acceptable from a usability standpoint.  I don't want to have the user mess
around with swap files and the like.  When something goes wrong, I want to
seamlessly start up where we left off without the user even knowing that
something out of the ordinary happened.  A tmpfs will do nothing for this
case :)

Timothy